Camden Airport Community Aviation Consultation Group
The Camden Airport Community Aviation Consultation Group (CACACG) has been in operation since 2011 and comprises representatives from the local community, local council, airport management representatives, airport tenants and users, aviation regulators and air traffic controllers.
Representative members of the community are selected for the group based on an open expression of interest and their ability to meet specifically designed criteria. A skilled chairperson chairs the meetings.
The role of the CACACG is to enable all stakeholders to exchange information and become involved in issues relating to the ongoing management of the Airport and its impacts on the community in a constructive and effective manner.
The CACACG is not an arbitration or decision making body but can make recommendations to the Airport Operator and Aviation Regulators on issues of community concern.
The CACACG seeks to:
- Identify local issues to be considered during the airport development process.
- Assist in resolving and prioritising issues including noise based on local knowledge.
- Comment on development plans.
- Develop strategies to ensure the broader community is informed on any major issues that may affect the community and surrounding residents.
- Table at meetings the views of community-based organisations and the broader community.
- Ensure effective complaints handling procedures are in place.
- Complement and support the consultative requirements already established for Master Plans, Airport Environment Strategies and Major Development Plans.
The CACACG refers to the following documents to guide their discussions.
* Camden Airport Master Plan 2010
* Camden Airport Environment Strategy 2010
* Community Aviation Consultative Group Guidelines
The Camden Airport Community Aviation Consultation Group can be contacted via:
Tel: (02) 9796 2300
Fax: (02) 9791 0230
Post: CACACG Chairperson
c/- Bankstown Airport Limited
PO Box 6450
Wetherill Park NSW 1851